I've honestly never seen a face filled with more anger and humiliation. Like Jordan is trying so hard here to give off the idea that he's being "mentally tough", but if you look close enough the guys is just oozing with self-hatred. If Jordan Spieth had a shell this is the moment when he would have crawled into it. I can't imagine he's experienced or will ever experience a lower point in his life than this one right here. Silver lining is he won almost 900,000 dollars for choking on his nine iron, so the kid not only got his lowest point in life out of the way at only the age of 22, but he's also swimming in cash (not that he wasn't already) after one of the biggest collapses in the history of sports. That's one hell of a double standard if you ask me, but then again if I choked the way he did yesterday I would need every cent of that 900,000 to get my self-confidence back.
He went from playing the best round of golf to the absolute worst back nine I've ever seen by a professional golfer. It just really didn't make any sense to me, it was like he completely lost focus and didn't even know where he was hitting the ball. It was honestly really sad to see, and I don't think any sport can really make you feel bad for a player like golf does. It's just such a cruel game that when you see someone with Spieth's talent completely fall off the face of the earth within a matter of 30 minutes, you almost want to cry for the guy. I said almost. Realistically I was laughing a lot more.
P.S. All about taking the positives out of a negative situation like this, so while the updated hairline is for sure an upgrade when it comes to what a 22 year old should actually look like, a part of me says bald Jordy takes home another Green Jacket.

No comments:
Post a Comment