Search

Monday, February 29, 2016

Birds Reportedly Up the Ante on Bradford, Seek to Lock Him Up.



No solid numbers have been released yet on what the deal might look like, but it actually looks like the Philadelphia Eagles are starting to make sound football decisions. Now I would never make the mistake of getting my hopes up as long as that rat Howie Roseman has that Eagle on his chest, and I'm by no means saying that I think Sam Bradford has the junk to lead this franchise to the promised land, but I am saying that the smart football move the entire off season has been to lock up Bradford for at least another couple years simply because he is your most viable option at this point. It has been pretty clear since free agency has begun that Sam would be the most capable option under center that the Eagles could possibly entertain, which is why I'm frankly surprised that it has taken this long for the Eagles to turn their attention to keeping him in Philadelphia.

Any other NFL team could use the excuse that they were focusing on the draft and the combine, evaluating potential draft picks that might be able to improve their respective teams, but the fact that the Eagles don't even have any of their college scouting positions filled completely negates that argument. I mean just look at how well we were represented at the most important event at the NFL Combine!

eagles

At that point how do you not just throw random bodies up there. This is just such an awful look for the organization. Obviously they had SOMEONE there to look on, whether it be Roseman slithering around the place or Dougie P down on the sidelines, there's a reason why every other team in the league has reps looking on. Be better Philadelphia. Just be so much better.

I mean, seriously, this blog is coming from the GOOD news that the Birds are even talking to Bradford which it almost seems as if they haven't all off season, and somehow this franchise has taken me so far down the rabbit hole of misery that whenever I talk about them it just makes me angry, no matter the subject of conversation. Sam Bradford needs to be signed and it needed to happen yesterday. I hate loving this team so so much. 



1 comment:

  1. This is the single least concise thing I have ever read. You could summarize all of that in two sentences. Also possibly proofread it? Get it together.

    ReplyDelete