So as everyone knows by now Tom Thibodeau is off the coaching market, and as the clear top coach available, it blows my mind that the Knicks would not even talk to him. Now after Thibodeau signs with Minnesota we hear reports on how badly he wanted to come to the Knicks and Phil still would not even fucking talk to him. Now it comes out that Knick owner, James Dolan "was 'intrigued' by idea of Tom Thibodeau coaching Knicks"-ESPN, Ian Begley. It's simply a disaster. Dolan is saying he wanted him, Phil says he didn't, and at the end of the day we are still stuck with Kurt Rambis. The worst coach EVER. He is 41-151 as a head coach. A mere 110 games UNDER .500. How can this be happening? I know Phil wants to keep control of the team and wants them to run the triangle offense, but to do that he needs another superstar and everyone knows it. Phil always had two superstars when he won (Michael & Pippen, Kobe & Shaq, etc.) and trust me, nobody is coming to New York as long as their coach is Kurt Rambis and they continue to look like a complete disaster.
I am not going to say that I have lost all confidence in this team because I'll never lose hope, but it doesn't look good right now. Give me Jeff Van Gundy and let's turn this shit around because I hope I'm wrong, but as long as Rambis is the coach I don't see the Knicks coming anywhere near the playoffs.
No comments:
Post a Comment