I honestly thought the extremely rapid downward spiral of this franchise had stopped but apparently there was one more free fall. Apparently Sam Bradford was very unhappy with the Eagles trading up for the no. 2 pick in the draft because he's assuming they'll draft North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz (which they probably will) to compete with Bradford for the job. Bradford appears to be fed up with the franchise and the way they've continuously mislead and lied to him, so his agent came to the front office and said that Sammy wanted to be traded, and that he would no longer be attending spring practices. I'll tell you what. This Carson Wentz kid better be pretty god damn good because we're letting a perfectly viable option at quarterback, in a league where a good quarterback is historically hard to find, just straight up walk away. Not to say I'm surprised, because we've let much better players do the same time and time again. If Howie Roseman and Jeffrey Lurie don't know where this franchise is going then at least do this city the courtesy and tell us that you have no idea what you're doing, because right now all you're doing is making the rest of the NFL laugh at us.
Obviously the title to this blog is a little misleading because Chase Daniel won't actually be our starting quarterback come training camp, or at least I hope to god he won't be. Everyone and their mother pretty much knows the Birds are going to take Wentz with the no. 2 pick, and he'll hopefully be able to beat out the veteran backup Daniel, even though Dougy P might show some resistance given his unconditional love for Chase. So crazy that I have to mention these names in an Eagles blog especially because three years ago we had a pro bowl backfield and an offensive line that actually knew what they did for a living.
No comments:
Post a Comment