Anyways, the lineups that Collins have put out are completely fine. It's not their typical lineup because there is a DH, but since Lagares and De Aza both batted out of the 9 hole, I assume that everything will remain the same and that the pitcher hole will replace the two guys above in national league parks. The only thing I would do different is swap Walker, who batted fifth and Wright, who batted second.
To game 1: Matt Harvey had a rough game, no doubt about it, but take it with a grain of salt. The first run of the game came due to a stupid drop from Cespedes. That type of shit won't continue to happen, so I'm not too worried. Edison Volquez pitched lights out, and amazingly, the Royals 'pen almost blew it. I loved the way the Mets scratched and clawed untill the end of that game. No W, but despite me almost punching a hole in my wall, it wasn't the worst thing in the world.
By the way, Conforto reaching four times in four plate appearances was very nice to see opening night.
To game 2: This is what will happen again and again. Noah Syndegaard was filthy. We got to see him for a measly 6 innings, when he could have gone more, but a combination of Jim Henderson, Addison Reed, and Jeruys Familia all pitched beautifully to earn a 2-0 win. These 1 or 2 to nothing wins are something I wouldn't prefer, but I can get certainly get used to. They happened a bunch last year, but now that the pitchers are getting better and better, it will be a very common occurrence.
LGM. 1-1.
PS
What the fuck Royals? Two goddamn World Series ceremonies. You guys suck.
No comments:
Post a Comment