Search

Friday, March 25, 2016

I had a fun time at Ed Smith Stadium today

I was fortunate enough to catch the Yankees vs. Orioles spring training game this afternoon in Sarasota. Let me tell you, spring training games are far more casual than regular season games. We walked into the Stadium and didn't have to wait in any sort of line, and I was able to get down to the field level in a matter of seconds.


As per tradition, I also had to incorporate a good 'ol YABO snapchat for a home run and a food review. 



Being that I'm a great Catholic, I had to refrain from meat consumption. So I went with the traditional ballpark nachos for my food review.



The younger brother was a bit confused about my reviewing tactics:


Overall, it was a very good time at the ballpark. It didn't get sunny until the later innings but we were able to dodge the rain.

As for the game itself; notable Yankee starters that played were Ivan Nova on the mound, Starlin Castro at second, Didi Gregorious at short, Chase Headley at third, and Brett Gardner in left. Nova threw for 4 innings and gave up 3 earned, for the most part he looked pretty solid and rumor has it he may be winning the job for the 5th spot in the rotation. Both Didi and Gardy whacked doubles off the wall, and Castro had a sac fly. Hopefully big things to come out of the middle infield of Castro and Didi, can't wait to get the season underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment