Search

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Audio of exchange between Dillon Brooks and Coach K is released

When Oregon took a commanding lead on Duke and the game clock was running out, Oregon star Dillon Brooks heaved up a deep 3 that went down.


Now typically when you're up by 11 with 10 seconds, you let the shot clock run out and hand the ball to the other team. Instead, Brooks sunk the three from wayyy downtown and topped it off with a salute to the crowd. Not the classiest move out of him, but I assure you it gets better...

You can hardly make out the audio in this clip but just enough where people are trying to draw their own conclusions about what went down.



Take it for what you want, but it seems to me like Brooks says, "My bad" at the end of their encounter. Couldn't really tell exactly what Coach K said, but the two were questioned about it:

Dillon Brooks said, "He just told me that I'm too good of a player to be showing out at the end. He's right, I've got to respect Duke."

Once Coach K was briefed on Brooks' response he denied he said anything to that effect. "You can say whatever you want. Dillon Brooks is a hell of a player. I said, 'You're a terrific player.' You can take whatever he said and go with it, all right?"

Not sure who to trust on this one to be honest, I thought for sure Brooks said, "My bad," but Coach K has been around long enough to not deal with any of this nonsense. Moral of the story, it was a very cocky move to shoot that ball and run up the score.

No comments:

Post a Comment