Search
Friday, April 1, 2016
If Syracuse beats North Carolina, is this the most impressive coaching job college basketball has ever seen?
I don't know if I have ever seen anything like Syracuse's run. The only other double digit ranked teams to make the final four were VCU(2011), George Mason (2006) and LSU (1986) and I don't think any of these teams were worse than Syracuse. Anyway, this is one of the most impressive coaching jobs I have ever seen by Coach Jim Boeheim. Absolutely miraculous. He was suspended for the first 9 games of the season (3 in conference play) and Syracuse absolutely sucked this year. They were a mere 23-13 including poor losses to teams like St. Johns, Pittsburgh (three times), Clemson, and Georgetown. None of these teams made the tournament except Pitt who promptly got knocked out my Wisconsin.
Somehow this team made the tournament and are now playing sensational basketball. Did they get lucky not having to play Michigan State? Maybe. But that's part of the Madness. They just won four games in a row including a win against the number 1 ranked Virginia team who smacked them a month ago. Nobody can figure out the zone defense and Richardson looks like a top player in the league. Cause is a force to be reckoned with right now and I wouldn't count Coach Boeheim and the boys out against UNC either. And if they do beat UNC? It's the most improbable run I have ever seen and a lot of the credit goes to Coach Boeheim.
P.S. What's up with Melo going nuts about Cuse winning and preaching persistence? Meanwhile his team has not persisted at all. Actually, they have done the opposite of persistence, they have crumbled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment