Search

Thursday, March 24, 2016

RGIII signs in Cleveland




Thanks Schefty for your unbelievably insightful reporting on a daily basis, don't know where we'd all be without you. So RGIII makes it official with Cleveland for $15M over 2 years with $6.75M guaranteed. A very large investment for the Browns to bring him in. Not really surprising he took the deal but if I were RGIII I'd be on my hands and knees begging the Broncos to take me. It's looking more and more now that the Sanchize will be the starting QB there now come the summer. Anyway...

How can RGIII help Cleveland?

First off, he needs to stay healthy to have any chance. Secondly, the Browns need to give him some type of weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Last time I checked they were a pretty shitty football team so their #2 overall pick in the draft this year should be ample opportunity to improve themselves quite a bit. Many mock drafts had the Browns taking Carson Wentz with the second pick, now I think you could see them taking an OT like Laremy Tunsil out of Ole Miss to go with the reliable pro-bowl LT Joe Thomas to protect RGIII.

Hue Jackson also lends some hope for Browns fans as his offensive mind will collaborate with RGIII's plethora of skills. Now don't get me wrong here the chances of this team winning 5 or more games this season is probably a stretch. Nevertheless, I think RGIII will get a solid second chance in a small market and we're all waiting and hoping to see that he can make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment