Thank u Lord for the game of baseball and for giving me way more than I ever deserved!#FamilyFirst— Adam LaRoche (@e3laroche) March 15, 2016
Adam LaRoche was set to make 13M this season with the White Sox, after agreeing to a 2yr/25M deal last Winter. After a meeting with White Sox executives today, they basically told him to dial back how much his son was on the field and in the clubhouse. They did not mind that he was there, they just felt like his son, Drake, was there too much.
LaRoche clearly wasn't having any of it and frankly I don't blame him at all. His son is 14 years-old and LaRoche has been in the bigs for 14 years. The kid practically grew up watching his Dad play and make a name for himself at the Major League level. Not too many kids can say that, and not that many Dad's can have that kind of opportunity. I can't blame LaRoche for bouncing after something like this, and I think I would as well. He has enough money piled up anyway and his numbers were already at a sharp decline (.207 & 12HRs in 2015).
Plus when Bryce is on your side, you know you're doing something right.
Good for you Roche! Nothing like father and son in the clubhouse..It's a FAMILY game #FamilyFirst— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) March 16, 2016

No comments:
Post a Comment